Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wikitravel - My Initial Thoughts

My initial thoughts of Wikitravel are varied after my first look. It was really interesting to scan through a first time. It reminded me of a giant travel blog. To me, I think it could absolutely be useful when gathering information for a potential trip. It could definitely give you a good idea of what you will find interesting and how to get around, but I would definitely not use it as my only source. The same reason applies for why Wikipedia is not allowed for use on research papers. Since anyone can post on Wikitravel, how are you absolutely sure it's accurate? You don't want to get to a far away place and realize the things on Wikitravel aren't there in reality. So, while I absolutely think it's a good place to gather information to start to plan a trip, I would definitely do more research on the stuff you find, to make sure you don't screw yourself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment