Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thoughts on Social Networking

Before reading the article about social networking, I had a completely different opinion about what social networking was. I thought it was only things like facebook, myspace, and twitter. I had no idea that things like YouTube, Flikr, and Livejournal were social networking. However, after reading this piece, it made sense to me why these sites would be considered as such. You go on those sites and connect with other people. While it may not be the same set-up as a facebook or a myspace, you can still connect and chat with other people and post thoughts and feelings in an interactive environment. I was also surprised to see that social networking is not just an American fad. An example is when I checked out the site Hyves. Hyves looked very similar to myspace, but it was in another language. It showed that social networking is catching on all over the world. I also liked how they discussed the business end of it, and how money can be generated in the future. I like using social network systems myself, as it is a good way to stay in touch with friends. This showed that there is a lot more to social networking as well and it was very informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment